Friday, February 6, 2015

Exercise Diary: 2 mi semi speed workout

Second run of week 2 of training done~

The run was fine.  More than fine actually.  My insoles bothered me even less.  The Big Bang Theory was on.  It was only 2 miles.  I tried some speed work and today my legs felt fine (which is more than I can say about them after the last time I tried to run faster than I normally do).

So to make the run more fun basically what I did was upping the speed by 0.1 mph every minute, until I got to 5.2 (which is still slow, I know, but bear with me here), and came down at the same speed and rate.  I actually felt really good running at a faster speed.  Had to breathe a lot harder but you would expect that of course, and the one minute increment made it feel less torturous.

But I realize that I still need to work on my posture while running at a faster speed.  I was too focused on my breathing that I did not realize that my upper body was very tense.  My shoulders were hunched up and my torso was very tight.  I tried to relax, and I felt that I was relaxed as much as possible, but it still felt really tense.  I need to work on that.

No running tonight, but I'm hoping to still get to the gym and do some elliptical work as cross training.  Mainly I want to burn more calories and lose a few pounds so running could feel easier.  Also want to do core work, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment