Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Exercise Diary: Blogilates beginners Day 2

No running today since I usually get home late on Wednesday nights.  But after I got home tonight I did manage to put on my gym shorts and roll out my yoga mat for my Day 2 ab workout.

I followed the two videos on Cassey's Day 2 page, and I think this is the first time i really sweated on my mat at home.  If we keep up like this i will need to buy some disinfecting yoga mat wipes for home.

The two videos brought about 30 minutes of workout, and I have to say, I really feel the time flew by even as I was crushed by the workout.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to 75-minute yoga classes now, or if Cassey is just a really great trainer (probably both), but I was glad and almost sad at the end of the videos.  Also the fact that Cassey likes to talk about random things during the harder reps made it a lot more interesting and tolerable.  It kind of reminded me of running with my friend; I could never talk during the runs and she would entertain me by telling me random stories.

I have to say that I definitely cheated during the workout because I simply could not continue during parts of the video.  I'm sorry but I just couldn't control muscle fatigue.  Also my abs got weaker and weaker and I couldn't help but used more of my neck to barely keep my shoulders off the ground during some of these crunches.  I think it is one of the reasons why people still get neck pains despite the trainer repeatedly telling them to pull their shoulders up with their stomach.  Sometimes we just can't do it.  I guess it just happens less often with the more experienced and stronger people because they could afford to lift up without using their necks.  The others will just have to be careful to not hurt ourselves.

But one thing for sure, my abs will definitely be hurting tomorrow.  Heck, they are hurting already.  Fun workout though.  Can't wait for tomorrow's bubble butt exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment