Thursday, December 10, 2015

Here's to another 100: Happy 101~~

Just realized that my last post was my 100th.  I was gonna talk about how I obsessively had to go to the gym today, and afterwards went to a restaurant alone and stuffed myself silly with a burger, fries, and carrot cake, but...

Well I guess I pretty much summarized what I wanted to say in one sentence.

Okay here are a few more details.  I got home later than I had planned and forgot to eat a pre-run snack (also my new scale arrived and I was playing around with that).  When I was running on the treadmill the TV was on and even though I couldn't hear what they were talking about, there were some very nice Christmas dinner themed dishes featured on the news program which ended with a delicious-looking pie, which made me very hungry.  After I got home I realized my need to have a good, fancy meal, and decided to go to a restaurant after my shower.  It's restaurant week in our town so a few places had put out special menus.  I picked one that opened late and for about an hour stuffed my face while reading Stephen Fry's newest autobiography, and came home with leftover fries and carrot cake.  I'm slightly disgusted at myself for eating more than I should, but at the same time feeling blissful.

But back to this artificially special post.  100 is such an arbitrary number and rationally should not really be a cause of any celebration.  It's been about 21 months since I started running and this blog, and overall I've written about my every workout and random thoughts I had during each workout.  Recently, I was ashamed and disappointed at myself for not running regularly in the summer and stopping writing for a few months, and after I started taking my Dartfit course I was just too overwhelmed with the class to really sit down and think about it.  Tomorrow is the last day of Dartfit and maybe I'll write something to reflect on this past school term.

I had also planned to write about all my cooking adventures (thus the "glutton" part of my blog title), but because I am too lazy to take pictures of my cooking, and recounting my cooking experience is too boring for me, I sort of stopped doing that after the first month.  I love to read blog posts where other people try out recipes and include pictorial instructions, but writing about them, especially right after the cooking experience, is extremely dull.

Plus I lost interest in cooking new things sometimes earlier this year and I haven't tried any new recipes in a long time.

Hm...  I really have nothing else to say.  Think I will be more thoughtful and reflective toward the end of December, maybe my later posts, while not landmark-y in number, will be somewhat more nutritious.


No comments:

Post a Comment