- 4 miles on the treadmill
- The only thing I was proud of was that I stayed on the treadmill till I hit the 4-mile mark. I walked twice in between, and I was just really tired the while time. My foot was hurting by mile 2, and that made me wary of going any faster. I'm not sure what it was, I can only attribute it to a general decline in fitness.
- first half of the Ballet Beautiful swam arms series
- I thought it makes a lot of sense that on running days I would also work on my arms so my legs don't suffer too much. But I neglected the fact that I did the same video yesterday and I was feeling its effect all day today. I managed to work through the first half of the video before calling it a day. I could go on if I wanted, but I didn't want to. I would probably feel very sorry tomorrow if I did.
- Ballet Beautiful Out Thigh
- To make up for the incomplete of the first video I decided to look for another BB workout to make up for it. I picked this one since it was short and the targeted outer thigh didn't seem too bad. And it wasn't. I mean, my legs were feeling both like lead and on fire when I worked on each, and I needed prolonged stretching after each set so I don't cramp, but after the workout I don't feel my legs so much anymore. It's not like I can't walk or anything.
- Blogilates Quick Ab workout
- After all that I felt that I really should work on my abs for a bit since I've been neglecting this area. Mostly because it's hard and I can't do crunches or whatever you do for very long. There are so many ab videos on Blogilates that I ended up just picking a random one, which despite being a 10 minute video was actually very short, since it only had two moves and worked to a 3:14-long song. I still couldn't do it the whole way through and had to take breaks in between and didn't even bother to pause the video. I'm feeling my abs and I think that's enough for the day.
Monday, April 6, 2015
Exercise Diary: Setbacks
What I did today:
About this time last month I stood in front of my full-length mirror in my gym clothes and took a picture of myself. I had great ambition and hope that in one month, combining running and doing Blogilates workout and a modified diet I would change my weight and body shape somewhat, and I would document my progress. I didn't expect to be all lean and skinny after just one month, but I did the same thing in front of the mirror today (not the same gym clothes though), and I don't think I saw any changes. If anything I think I may look even bigger and wider than last month. I don't think my weight had changed. I would like to think that I had lost a pound or two but it's not very noticeable. I think given some more time the changes will become more apparent, but this has been a very disappointing month. I'm still adjusting. And I feel there was progress. But there's no proof. Oh well. I guess it's a good thing that winters are so long here; I still have some time before I no longer have my jacket to cover up my body of shame.